View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I feel like no one here reads a scouting report that isn't given by Hawk. Seriously. What I've said shouldn't be new knowledge or even questioned. It's been mentioned by numerous sites, like fangraphs and espn, and even by local outlets (like southside sox and white sox observer). Everyone pretty much has the same to say. The stuff isn't there, he's placing decently (especially early in games), and it's his motion that's helping.
I need a scouting report on guys who play from other teams who I don't get to see regularly. I need a scouting report on minor league or amateur players who I pretty much never see out of select clips that have been uploaded to YouTube. I don't need to use a scouting report as a crutch for a guy who has thrown 200+ innings for the Sox. I've watched a number of Quintana's starts, I am telling you, based on what I've seen from him, he's a perfectly fine option as a SP for even a good team. I was wary of him when he came up as well, but he's progressively gotten better as he has come along, he's hitting the mid-90s with his fastball now (FanGraphs has his max velocity at 94-95).

Again, you want to disagree with that assessment, that's fine, but people are disagreeing with you based on what we have seen from the guy, not being spoon fed **** by Hawk. We're all amateurs on this board, nobody's opinion is more or less valid than anyone else's, despite what you may think.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck