View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
But that's assuming Quintana will never improve and will approach every team/game in the same manner. If the league hasn't seen him enough after 40 starts in 1 1/2 seasons, then the league isn't doing their due diligence. There is more than enough video and data on Quintana to track his pitching patterns and style.

It could just be that Quintana is a pretty good middle of the rotation pitcher. He's not an ace, but he's someone that you can use and win with.
It's the pitch quality. I don't think he's suddenly going to gain significant velocity or start snapping off Koufax quality curve balls. The guy doesn't have a single above average pitch. He's getting by with okay control and smoke and mirrors. When the smoke an mirrors are gone, what then? I suppose we could hope he gains elite control...but how likely is that, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
No, that's a complete straw man argument.

"Since some here seem to think we are set up to be world series bound in the next 2 years".

No one has said that and no one is arguing that. It's a complete garbage statement to try and discredit an opinion and confuse the argument.

"Stanley" has done that twice already. I'm beginning to wonder is someone is using 2 ids.
What are you proposing in two years then? Because if you're not suggesting we're world series bound, why on Earth are we targeting two years from now instead of when newly acquired prospects from the last draft and future drafts start being ready?

I am not "Stanley", if that's what you're implying.