View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 01:05 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
They need to be taught how to approach and play the game properly. They have the talent to be so much better, but they get away with their continued silliness because they're never held accountable. Remember when Bobby Cox yanked Andruw Jones out of center field in the middle of a game when he didn't hustle? Jones got the message and went on to be one of the greatest defensive center fielders of all time.

Every game we have players who don't hustle or make mental blunders that call for a benching. But nothing ever happens. Ever. They play day after day after day. They get worse, and so does the team. Gee, I wonder why.
Who do you want them to put in? Jordan Danks? He does the same **** out on the field as De Aza and Ramirez. At least De Aza hasn't gotten picked off at second base while representing the tying run in the ninth inning yet.

You have to understand, these are not young players. Ramirez is 31 years old. De Aza is 29. He's been in pro ball for over a decade. The coaches aren't going to teach them how "to approach and play the game properly." These guys are who they are at this point. And in Ramirez's case, his skills appear to be in decline.

I'm past ready to move on from Ramirez, but at the same time I don't see another option in the organization. De Aza is a fourth outfielder on a good team.

This is not a good team, and frankly, I don't think there's a damn thing Ventura and the coaches can do about it. More starts for JorDanks, Wise or Casper Wells in the outfield isn't going to solve anything. Putting Keppinger at second and moving Beckham to shortstop will make the team even worse. I guarantee it. Ramirez may be sucking out there, but he's the only SS they've got.

It's up to the front office to fix this mess, IMO.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/