View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Lost today is how much Dylan Axelrod sucks.

Beach Balls, that's what he throws up there.

Need to find someone else down in the farm to take his sport.

These are wasted innings for perhaps someone you can actually build for the future with.
It seems Axelrod is running out of mojo. I was worried about this the second time through the league with him. It seems more teams are waiting him out and not chasing as much of his pitches out of the zone and then they tee off when he does challenge them. Axelrod hasn't been doing himself any favors by pitching up the zone lately too. When you throw 85mph, you simply cannot pitch up there. I think Axelrod has probably been pitching on borrowed time anyway. Peavy is going to claim a spot when he comes back and Santiago has been pitching well and has a much higher ceiling. I give the kid credit that he gets by on very little stuff but like you, I'm not 100% sure he is a long term solution in the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
I heard Buddy Bell on the Score yesterday morning saying that Johnson is ready now and compared him to Quintana last year coming from AA.
Johnson was promoted from AA Birmingham where he was doing well to AAA Charlotte yesterday. It seems like he is on the fast track to the big leagues for sure.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin