View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Position players as a whole are a turd. Pitching is fine, and would be even better with better fielding.

Flush the turd. Don't fix what isn't broken. Sometimes a five-year plan isn't necessary; sometimes it can be fixed in 2-3 years. I think this is the case, especially in this division.
This team isn't 2-3 years away. Acquiring five players that will be stars in that timeframe is not realistic. And yes, they have to be stars if you're going to throw the same crap out there at the other four spots.

I don't share your optimism of the rotation. Obviously, I don't think Sale will hold up. I don't hold Quintana in any sort of high esteem. I appreciate what he's doing, but guys with decent control and bad pitches that get by with deception tend not to keep it up (as deception generally only works long term with guys that have good stuff). Santiago's upside is similarly 4-5-6 in the rotation. And there's not a lot starters down in our minors. Not any that'll be heading our rotation in 2-3 years.