View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM
WSI Church Elder

If it was me, I'd have a couple plans in place dictated by the trade market. The only way I go into tear it down mode is if somebody offers the moon for Sale. Lets say somebody will give us a top 10 prospect with a top 20 guy and a few other high upside, low level minor leaguers (that team probably doesnt even exist). In that case, I jump on it and everyone is on the market. I'd look to move Reed, Santiago and Quintana. I'd call up every AAAA/Dan Black type player in the minors and tank the season to ensure the top pick. With that pick, I'd take the best pitcher, unless there's a Harper type. If you go that route, you have to have some crazy deals at the park to get people into the stands. $1 tickets, $1 hot dogs, $2 beers, giveaways etc.

Personally, I have the patience for a rebuild and the Sox do too. One thing I've learned is that the Sox are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The fans will find something to cry about no matter what direction they take. I'd almost prefer a total rebuild because I don't trust the Sox ability to lure free agents even if they overpay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).