View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
There is no conspiracy theory. I was trying to point out that saying Sale will get injured is a guess and not a fact.

Regardless, we're all just killing time with this subject. There's not been any sort of talk from the front-office about trading Sale and that will probably continue.
That's because our front office may be inept. Sale is the biggest bargaining chip we have. If, as it is looking, it is going to take at least 3-4 years to rebuild this thing, then why keep him? So maybe when he is in the last year if his contract (and hopefully healthy) we may content.

Now before some fool goes off and says that GoSox41 is an idiot (already been said numerous times) because the Sox should dump Sale. I did not say that. A dump would be us giving away Adam Dunn for nothing. Sale will come at a high cost. Sure while prospects can turn into suspects, right now the Sox have neither. If this team wants to rebuild and contend in the 3-4 yr time horizon and not the 5+ year then we need some highly rated prospects. Sale can get us that.

As far as I'm concerned, just about anyone and everyone on this roster is fair game. Some have higher prices for various reasons. But for the most part, they can trade anyone of these guys and I wouldn't be sad. I would be pissed, however, if they didn't get fair value.

Bob