View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
Pitching is the hardest to come by; and no way should the Sox trade away a #1 starter for prospects. Profar or Olt might turn out to be great or just as easy turn out to be average or less. For every Mike Trout there are hundreds of Brian Andersons. I would rather see them keep Sale and Peavy and go after a CF like Bourjos and move Ramirez and Viciedo who have a hard time keeping their heads in the game. True this team has a lot of holes but trading your 2 or 3 best pitchers makes no sense. (Sale, Peavy, and Reed ). Trading Crain,Thornton,Konerko, for prospects makes sense; and trying to move Dunn and Danks contracts are a good starting point.
If we want to get good prospects, we have to trade good players. Crain might get us something in return, but I seriously doubt Thornton and Konerko, or Ramirez or Viciedo (maybe Alexei, as I think he still has some value) will. A contending Sox team is probably at least a few years away, thus I think it makes sense to move veterans whose window is perhaps not open that much longer. That's why I think dealing Rios and Peavy makes sense, and moving Sale and/or Reed does not (though I wouldn't be terribly upset to see Addison dealt, as I don't think he's an elite closer or anything like that).
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.