View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
That's fair, I honestly didn't mean to claim he was worthless, but everyone seems to be talking about marquee prospects here so I was making the statement based on that. What we'd be looking at for Crain would be a project, or a guy with some tools but not enough to be considered a good candidate for advancement.
I'd be happy with getting a body back in return if it meant not having to watch majority of our players struggle to play baseball at a respectable level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I don't think anyone is expecting a Mike Trout or Bryce Harper level prospect for three months of Crain or Thornton. However, there will definitely be a lot of teams calling and if a GM is "going for it" and feels that Crain is the 8th inning guy (or closer) that they need to win it all, they may have to part with a halfway decent prospect to beat out the other teams for him. Hahn has all the leverage here and can take the best offer that comes his way from what is sure to be a host of contending clubs.
Hahn has leverage now, but that can quickly change (whether it be by a team's performance or by a team going out and picking up a need from elsewhere).