View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
WSI Prelate

I'm not deluded into thinking any Sox player short of Sale would get us a top-flight future All-Star in return.

If we want a top flight 3-4-5 hitter, regardless of position, we are going to have to draft or sign him as an amateur, and develop him.

I'm more interested in solid position player prospects who can field their position well, play rock-solid fundamentals with the glove and the bat, and hit at a league-average level for their position. Guys who can be the next Ivan Calderon, Darrin Jackson, Lance Johnson, or Ron Karkovice.

I'd love to get a cornerstone, but that's not realistic with what we have to offer. I'll be happy to get a couple building blocks, let them develop and improve together, establish an identity as a "pitching, defense and fundamentals team," and then draft our next Frank Thomas or sign our next Magglio Ordonez.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.