Thread: Jeff Manto
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
This thread is unbelievable.

Lip...you dont need a media guide with you as long as you have an internet connection.

Anyone blaming Jim Thome for anything is way off the mark. Jim Thome replaced Carl Everett and helped the Sox win a lot more games over the next four years than he helped lose.

The second guessing of Kenny Williams is hilarious though. This guy gave the Sox every chance possible to win. Every season the dude was twisting Reinsdorf's arm for more money for deals. The players didn't always perform, but Kenny opened up an unprecedented window of opportunity for the Sox. To see a guy go after David Wells, Bartolo Colon, Thome, Dunn, Freddy Garcia, re-signing all the pitchers after 2005...I will take that 12 years and a World Title over anything Schueler or Hemond ever accomplished.
Some people just aren't happy if they're not crying. The same people that blast KW for being overly aggressive don't have the patience to wait on prospects. They complain when we had the best system in baseball and complain when we mortgage the future to win now. They complain when we draft system players to fill the back end of the rotation and they complain when we draft raw, toolsy outfielders. For a guy that couldn't identify talent, we still have a hell of a pitching staff that's mostly homegrown.

People should be happy KW tried to win at all costs. He struck out a lot, but hit some major league home runs. I, for one, will never take 2005 for granted. Generations of Sox fans lived long, fruitful lives and never witnessed what we were part of. To this day, it still feels great. I will always be grateful to KW for having the stones to trade a young power hitter for a AAAA speedster. For trading 2 big prospects for a lazy, sweaty, declining pitcher. For trading a 20 game winner for a Cuban that couldn't win the big game.

Complain all you want about the team right now, but lets not act like the guy didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).