View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

This is a bad team. There's no way around it. I'm not sure what a lost season is though. There's a few reasons to watch. Can Beckham continue to turn it around? Can Flowers develop? The bat is coming around at least. I like our pitching. Can they get anything for the few assets they do have? I'll continue to watch because I'm a fan. I'll continue to stay optimistic because, for some reason, that's the type of Sox fan I am. Maybe it's a coping mechanism. I'll do my best not to cry on the internet. Nevertheless, this is a bad team, but all is not lost.

I'm not big of the "fire everyone" fan reaction. Though, there does need to be some accountability for stupid baseball. This is just a strange sport. It's the one team sport where "trying harder" can legitimately be detrimental. Hitters lose patience, swing at bad pitches and over-swing and ruin their mechanics. Fielders go for the home run and miss the cut off man. Pitchers over-throw, lose control and blow their elbows out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).