View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Sox View Post
After a 3/4 game with a HR (and strikeout...), Hawkins is hitting .367/.406/.967 in June!
BA up to .229, OPS at .886 in a super-aggressive high-A assignment. Keep him there all year regardless of what happens, NO NEED to rush this guy.

And it's only 7 games, but Keenyn Walker is hitting .360/.467/.400 in June with 4:1 SB:CS
The last few drafts, the SOx' top picks have been top athletes with high ceilings and very "toolsy." Those players are raw talents and take time to develop.

I am hopeful that Courtney Hawkins, Kennyn Walker, Tim Anderson and Gordon Beckham will be the White Sox core offensive players for a long time. Three of the four play up the middle and Hawkins projects to be strong throwing right fielder.

The Sox could use a catcher to have more strength up the middle and they do have Josh Phegley who is currently hitting .318 with 12 homers in 202 at bats at Charlotte. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if the Sox sign a catcher in the offseason or try to pick up a catching prospect in a trade. I wonder what it would take to get Travis d'Arnaud from the Mets?