View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Lp:

I'm sure ending a game at 3:35AM is 'fair' to the fans, you know the folks who pay the freight for this. To say nothing of the players themselves having to try to perform at that hour.

As far as a "conspiracy", I only pass along what I'm being told by folks who actually make their living in the game. Don't shoot the messenger, better yet feel free to put me on 'ignore.'

And I can in fact, quote you three games where the Sox lost because the umpires called the game in the same type situation. Twice against the Yankees in the 50's and once in Baltimore in 1971 after Mike Andrews hit a home run in the top of the 9th inning, the rains came, the inning was washed out and the Sox lost.

Nobody said life or baseball is fair is it?

Lip
But the rules have been changed since then as it clearly states in that article.

Agree or disagree with the decision to not call the game, I don't see the issue here and the fans actually got to watch more baseball than they would have if he'd called the game 2 hours earlier (or whatever), so using the fans as an excuse seems counterproductive to your argument.

I don't see the issue here.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...