View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Good win. Much needed,the way the Tigers are streaking...must stay within 5 games of tigers.

I agree that there are certain umps who are chronically error-prone.
Hernanadez is certainly on that list,along with Marquez,and Buckner.
West also.

I am not for electronic umping,but am for electronic monitoring of umps,and their performance....and for sending them down to the minors for a season,bringing up the best of the minor league guys. These guys are not Supreme Court Justices...they should be subject to demotion.
Hawk better not be reprimanded for his understandable observations.

Rios continues to be Stallion-like...PK coming to life,slowly,and the two out rbis are becoming a habit...love it.
Gimenez seems to be deserving of more starts vs righthanded starters,imo.
He is not a great defender,but neither is Tyler flowers,and at least Hector makes contact more often at the plate,from the left side.
I think if he got more at bats,he might hit for a decent average.

Kepp is starting to make regular contact...progress.

Finally, Danks did his job. Kept them in the game,despite not breaking 90mph...the thing is...I am not certain that he needs to throw 94,as a lefty. Leftys can win with less than overpowering stuff,as we all know from Burls. Can Danks recover his pop? I think so,over time. In the meantime,he can be a crafty lefty, if he throws strikes. This was about the most efficient Danks I have seen in a few years...like it.