View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:01 AM
WSI Prelate

There are some teams that won't give you a chance to win the game twice. Fortunately, the Marlins weren't such a team tonight, and unfortunately it only counts as one win. The runner on third with one out that didn't score after Gimenez struck out in the third could have given the Sox enough to win in nine, but Gillaspie was only at second when the Gimenez at bat began. And Gimenez did go on to have a good offense night.

Credit the White Sox with coming back in the 11th after the bad call kept them from winning in the 10th. I liked the way Konerko got it started with one out. I liked Viciedo, of all hitters, hitting behind the runner and getting him to third and I liked Keppinger hitting the ball though the infield with the third baseman playing in.

It was a nice outing from Danks. It wasn't a great night for the starter to go just six in a game that would go extras with the long reliever still resting after his last start. I would have liked to have seen Konerko and Chad Qualls relive a special memory, but it was a good ballgame with the bullpen tough when it needed to be and one the Sox and Nate Jones needed to win.