View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
WSI Personality

It just amazing how bad Veal and Nate Jones have been this year. Both of them had successful seasons in 2012. They both look as if they can't pitch in the big leagues anymore. The longer I have watched baseball, the more I am convinced that most relief pitchers don't have long successful careers. On that subject, one of the pitchers for the bad guys on the Northside just got removed from their roster and is going to be reassigned. Michael Bowden will probably be pitching in Iowa soon if he accepts the assignment. He goes to the same health club I go to and I have friends who know him. He grew up a Cubs fan and was thrilled to be traded from Boston to the Cubs last year. From what I know he's not to thrilled being demoted to the Minor Leagues. I take it he figures he's not in the long range plans of the bad guys on the Northside. His numbers this year are not all that bad, they're certainly better than Veal or Nate Jones this year. I'm sure the White Sox wouldn't have to give up much for him and if that is the case, it wouldn't be that much of a risk to acquire him.