View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox029 View Post
Maybe true of Fielder, Hunter, and Martinez, but if Cabrera regresses, I don't think it will be this year. The man is positively inhuman. Same with Verlander--he's too young for his arm to just blow up. He's also way smarter than most guys who throw as hard as he does, which means he'll be able to compensate for any lost velocity.
I meant in the future. There's a track record of fat guys breaking down at their age. Verlander will continue to be a good pitcher, but not dominant. The chinks are already in the armor this year. His velocity has already decreased. Hes throwing too many change ups and he's getting hit. That Tiger team has a small window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).