View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:06 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24thStFan View Post
IMHO the Sox have never acted like a big market team by signing a BIG NAME free agent STAR. If we had one now (e.g., Upton, Wright, etc.) perhaps there would be more "casual fan" interest in this team. Instead we signed Adam Dunn and Jeff Keppinger.

It's a shame the Chicago White Sox have a small market mentality, because we could have dominated the Central division for the last 10 years. Instead we abdicated to Detroit...yes, freaking Detroit!
I think Jake Peavy was a big name addition. Dunn could have been but he he has not produced. Just as important, Chris Sale is a big name or should be in Chicago.

I don't live in Chicago but I have posted here for several years that I think one major problem w White Sox attendance is they must not have a solid corporate season ticket base. That job falls on their internal marketing/sales staff. I know in Boston, most major companies buy season tickets. Before retirement, I was in Purchasing and we had Red Sox seats and so did most of our suppliers. Certainly Chicago has major companies. Does the Cell have a lot of corporate boxes??? Does the company that you work for have corporate seats or boxes??