View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Peavy had eight walks in 45.2 innings coming into today. In this game, he walked five in six innings. Just a rare bad day for Jake. For the most part, he beat himself.

The Sox weathered this stretch of 15 of 18 games on the road with a 9-9 record. Not too shabby. The injured guys who are going to come back will be back soon.

We'll see if they can get hot in June and at least make it a little interesting.
Peavy didn't even look like he was having problems with command. He genuinely looked scared to challenge any hitters today. He rarely threw his fastball. He was nibbling all day. I'm not sure what was wrong with him, but I've never seen him pitch that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).