View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
You're being sarcastic, right?

The team continued to play like buffoons on defense. In fact, Flowers' missed tag at the plate and Dunn's ball-through-his-web error were new lows.

This team is so bad it's become fun to watch.
Are you being sarcastic? I didn't see the game, but I just caught the play-by-play and watched the scoring plays online, and the Twins announcers seemed to believe that Flowers tagged Morneau and showed on the replay where Flowers tagged him. Morneau did avoid the first tag, sliding far enough away from Flowers that he couldn't reach the plate, but it certainly looked like Flowers tagged Morneau before coming back to the plate. I don't see how you get "a new low" out of that play.

And after Flowers threw out the runner who reached on the Dunn error, I think the defense should be credited for stepping up. Buffoonery would have been Flowers throwing the ball into center on the steal attempt and allowing the runner to score from third on a passed ball. And, if you want to split hairs, that wouldn't have been a new low. Rather, it looked like there was some improvement tonight.