View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Connor was coming off a 1-14 stretch so I don't know if he's consistent enough to hit in that spot.

Anyway, I'm shocked, shocked that this lineup actually scored six runs. Baseball is a funny game.

Maybe Robin should tell these guys, 'you hit, you play...you don't hit, you're on the bench...'

On a related topic when I saw that Keppinger was benched my first thought was if the Sox were saddled with another bad contract since they signed him for three years.

He can't be as bad as he's started can he? (Of course we said the same thing about Dunn right???)

If he doesn't start producing that's a bad start for Hahn as far as free agency is concerned.

Considering everything going 4-4 on this roadtrip is a blessing.

Lip
The Mets not pitching an unbeaten ace coming into the game with an ERA under 2 had something to do with the offense tonight. Two losses on this trip came against starters no one has beaten this year. Another loss was in a game started by the Rangers' ace in which the Sox scored 6. In another loss Sox held a 5-3 lead going into the bottom of the ninth. The challenge of hitting tonight was considerably less than it was Tuesday, even though the Sox had never faced neither Harvey, nor Hefner.

As for Keppinger, I think he's very tradable. Many believe he will hit, as he always has. The biggest surprise may be the frequency with which he is striking out. But strikeouts seem to be way up all over baseball.