View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
What I find "disappointing" is how quickly Sox fans turn on a former favorite, especially when it is done to support a Sox team that in no way deserves our support. I know, it's the laundry, but they have messed that up too.

AJ found a home in Chicago, contributed quite a lot to the team and the city, and wanted to retire with the Sox. Instead he gets a crappy one-year contract with no future so the Sox could give his spot to someone who had never shown any indication he could fill it and clearly can't. Go AJ!
It's this simple: AJ plays for another team, one that was trying to beat the Sox last night, which means he was trying to beat the Sox. In case I wasn't emphatic enough before, for that reason AJ can kiss my ass for now. He is welcome back as a favorite son... once he stops trying to beat the Sox. Until then, he can look here for support: www.rangerfans.com.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell