View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I emailed Brooks this morning- and shared my feedback on seeing the new opening video that replace the montage- (my feedback was consistent with most of the posts on the topic here)- he replied that one of their goals was to make the new one "shorter" than the old one.

I shared that most of the people around me at the game didn't like it, and that I don't know any Sox fans (real life or WSI) that like the change- his reply was that they are getting "overwhelingly positive feedback via social media".

I give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
How?

I'd be curious myself if it's fans at WSI that are "out of touch" or if something in the style of Chicago politics is going on with the claim.

Lip
This isn't the first time that Sox management has touted fan "surveys" or "feedback" to justify some of their ballpark experience changes. For years, they have seemed obsessed with touting fan surveys to justify their decisions.

I'd like to ask the Sox this: if these "survey"-driven changes are so wonderful, where are the improved ticket sales to support it? They have claimed in the past that fans want very limited organ music, loud PA music, etc.....and now "feedback" supposedly tells them that fans love the new intro. Somehow they're convincing themselves that this is what the fans want, and yet the number of people showing up has been dropping every year for something like 6 or 7 years.

Of course, most of the fan support/better ballpark experience issues would be solved by winning. But, lacking a competitive team (which is also the fault of Sox management), where are they seeing benefits from all their survey-driven PR decisions?