View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
**** I didn't hit quote, this is in response to the place feeling "off".

I keep saying it (and I know why the Sox do it), but half of the park is always closed. Little kid walked in yesterday, saw the Shoeless Joe stand, was all excited to get something to eat from there.........and it was closed. Yeah he eventually got his dog or slice, but ***.

Also, there is really one "fan favorite" position player on the team, and he hardly plays the field anymore (Paulie).

The pre-game stuff is BRUTALLY BORING, that doesn't help. We don't really need a pride crew member screeching incoherently into the mic a half hour before the game starts.

And let's face it, the team itself is boring. If they're down a few runs mid-game, the concourse becomes a meeting place and 400 people MIGHT still be watching the game. I feel like I'd get "shushed" if I started making noise.
I emailed Brooks this morning- and shared my feedback on seeing the new opening video that replace the montage- (my feedback was consistent with most of the posts on the topic here)- he replied that one of their goals was to make the new one "shorter" than the old one.

I shared that most of the people around me at the game didn't like it, and that I don't know any Sox fans (real life or WSI) that like the change- his reply was that they are getting "overwhelingly positive feedback via social media".

I give up.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."