View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post

I'd add that the Sox have created a weird atmosphere in the park. The two bad pregame videos have already been talked about him a lot so I won't get into that outside of saying they they need to be permanently removed (and the person/people responsible for them need to answer for really bad judgement). What was striking, though, was the odd way music was used. All the little music cuts were just incessant throughout the game, regardless of the situation. Some were just horribly out of place and inappropriate. It smacked of a minor league game meets Bozo's Circus. For some reason and despite all their surveys, the Sox seem to be rapidly losing their way in how to present a ballgame.
This! The last couple times I was at the park, it was just a bizarre atmosphere. Nobody really seemed to want to be there. Maybe I'm just getting old, maybe it's the lousy product that has been on the field, but something just feels "off". Amazing how quickly this organization killed the energy that was in the park in the few years following '05.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our 3-4-5 hitters. Or our closer.

"I'm sorry that you don't like our third baseman and our shortstop. Or our left fielder and our right fielder.

"I'm sorry people feel this way about our club. But I also want you to know something about that:

"We don't care."

-Kenny Williams before start of 2005 season