View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Lip is right; every third year since 2001 seems to get detailed by injuries.

A dose of realism for the chicken littles: With his contract up after this season and his inconsistency, even a healthy Floyd was never going to bring much more than a B prospect in return.

If the season is going to go down the drain due to injuries, better that it happens now, before we get emotionally invested.

I had planned to watch Sunday's game on WGN, but I'd rather go to Costco.
Frater:

Complicating the situation is that the Sox don't have the minor league players who can step in and actually perform when injuries happen and they don't have the financial payroll ability to buy players at the deadline (in essence) to replace guys who are hurt or slumping.

Just another 'caught in the middle between a rock and a hard place' situation.

Also the Sox make a lot of the fact that over the past 10 years or so they have had a remarkable ability to keep guys healthy and on the field and that's exactly correct especially when you compare it to other teams.

However when the Sox have got hit by injuries as in the previous seasons I mentioned, they basically were done with little to no hope of being able to overcome them. Other clubs (the Cardinals come to mind) have been able to.

Lip