View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:52 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDSR View Post
Wow...this thread has taken off. Two thoughts:

1) Hawk Harrelson is schtick...all this debate is just plays into the schtick. I'll bet dollars to donuts that Ken Harrelson doesn't even 100% believe the B.S. spouted by Hawk Harrelson.

2) I was a Hawk fan for a long time, but starting with a few years ago, I'm indifferent at best. His schtick now seems to overshadow any value he used to offer viewers of White Sox games. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the White Sox are one of only two teams that can be seen regularly (at least once a week) by the entire nation on a non-cable channel (the Cubs being the other). They need to exploit that exposure! If even longtime die hard Sox fans are only indifferent about Hawk, the Sox are wasting an opportunity.

Count me as a proponent of getting a new play by play guy. Hawk will always have a special place in my heart, but it's time for a change.
I'm not sure how true this is anymore. Rare is the Sox game nowadays that is even on WGN. And of those, I'm not sure how many, if any, are on the Superstation. Perhaps an out-of-town WSIer can clarify?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.