View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There View Post
I think some of you need to lighten up. Hawk is costing the White Sox fans? "TWTW" makes you want to kill yourself? Jesus.

I don't necessarily agree with Hawk, but I think it's little more than a harmless sideshow. Personally, harmless sideshows are one of the things I find endearing about my beloved Sox. I mean, this is a team that wore freaking shorts on the baseball diamond. Imagine the horror at WSI - oh God, people will think we're fools!

I kind of like that the Sox are rich in tradition and stories, and not some inert, sterile sports franchise. While I'm not always a huge fan of Hawk on the air, I think he's just another part of the pastiche that future Sox fans will look back upon fondly. So I'm fine with Hawk, and I'm fine with the club having a little good-natured fun with "TWTW."
Indeed.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell