View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There View Post
I think some of you need to lighten up. Hawk is costing the White Sox fans? "TWTW" makes you want to kill yourself? Jesus.

I don't necessarily agree with Hawk, but I think it's little more than a harmless sideshow. Personally, harmless sideshows are one of the things I find endearing about my beloved Sox. I mean, this is a team that wore freaking shorts on the baseball diamond. Imagine the horror at WSI - oh God, people will think we're fools!

I kind of like that the Sox are rich in tradition and stories, and not some inert, sterile sports franchise. While I'm not always a huge fan of Hawk on the air, I think he's just another part of the pastiche that future Sox fans will look back upon fondly. So I'm fine with Hawk, and I'm fine with the club having a little good-natured fun with "TWTW."
Thats cool if you want the Sox to be this comedic, dorky sideshow of a team. For me, I would like to see the market of fans grow, and Hawk is not helping that. Hawk Harrelson can make it embarrassing to be a Sox fan. It is time for him to hang it up.