View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 PM
WSI Prelate

I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch any sports draft, and that was before I heard a football writer in San Francisco today insist that the NFL draft was something that would should be shown to enemy combatants during interrogations. Fortunately, the sam couldn't be said of the White Sox tonight.

A pretty good game. As with most wins, it started with the pitching. Sale got off to a bit of a slow start, and he walked too many. But after the Sox got to Hellickson for three quick runs of their own, he was in control. The Sox struck out too much once again. But while they didn't make the most out of their opportunites, they came close.

Tonight's Dunn home run might have been as big as the Rios home run Wednesday. He seemed to be swinging the bat well tonight and was one of the few White Sox hitters who didn't strike out. The extra two runs probably helped the three in the first stand up.

Turning the game over the bullpen for only two innings with a three-run lead feels like a winning formula. And it's nice to see the bullpen throwing strikes. Nice to see another two-hit game from Keppinger, who appears to be coming around offensively. Generally, I have to feel good about whent the White Sox get the game winning hit with one out in the first.

The Sox had their ace going. It's really the sort of win you should have a right to expect. But tonight it feels especially nice not to be disappointed.