View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
One of Hawk's favorite Hawkisms is how he likes the lower drafted pitchers,because they often have not excelled on their superior stuff,but more on their competitiveness,and mound presence.

I think this is the essence of his issue with the sabremeticians dominating the personnel aspect of baseball. Also, I think he is still holding a grudge against Billy Beane from the comments attributed to Beane in MoneyBall that were unkind to Kenny Williams and the Sox.

That is where Hawk goes off the rails...and if he lets that surface,he will look dumb. Kenney as acknowledged that he likes to listen to Hawk do games,and that Hawk was not ungracious toward Kenney in this debate.

It goes back to Hawk hating B & B also....gutless wonders that they are.
B&B, used to enjoy their show. But I don't have the time nor occasion to hear much from them. Then when I do I soon change radio stations.

I don't care what The Hawk says about baseball theory. I listen to The Hawk much the same reason I used to listen to Harry Caray, entertainment.

I find the constant bashing of The Hawk boring & repetitive. You can put that on the board.

Oh and I did hear a few minutes of B&B crosstalk on Opening Day. Bernstein was gushing, a serious mancrush, over Anthony Rizzo...how Rizzo has the best swing, how beautiful it is and how well Rizzo was going to do this season.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello