View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
The Sox were 17-21 last year in the third week of May....4 games under .500. They then won 14 of 16 and spent most of the season in 1st place.
Sox are 8-12 on April 24 this year,and the season is over? No,it is not.

The offense is horrible,but that can change. I thought the A's were like the worst offensive team I had ever seen last year in May and June,and then by August they were unbeatable. Its baseball....never give up in April.
I agree instant gratification is used too much in today's world. However, I don't really blame some people to an extent. Think about it. We've been down this road quite a bit lately. Where, they hit like pure crap for a month and a half or so, and then go on a big run to get into contention. Then, they fade down the stretch. Last year, they stayed in contention until the last week, which is a little different. The other times, they fade right after the all-star break.

That said, I watch sports for entertainment, and I will continue to do that. I just hope Hawk doesn't make me turn on Baby First TV too much. My son goes to bed around 8:00...