View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Keppinger is not a historically high OBP ballplayer. It's okay, but nothing special. He had a career year last year.
Dunn hasn't had a good obp since before he joined the Sox.
I don't think we stacked up that well to start with, and now we're obviously off the charts bad.

I started off by saying he EXCEPT for Konerko and Alexei. So who are we talking about - Keppinger (a mediocre ballplayer most years), Gillespie (who knows), and a bunch of utility players. Hardly ridiculous
I should have used more precise language. Neither Keppinger nor Dunn are career MLB leaders in OBP. But their career histories showed they put up decent OBPs - until they came here.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.