View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 07:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
How in the world can you think the Sox are on a better path? Look at the Cubs' minor league system. Look at the philosophy of tanking 2-3 seasons to be a ligit contender. Not that they will all pan, out, but those players are much more promising than anything the Sox have. We are treading water.
It's not that I think that the Sox are on a better path or better said a great path. I just think historically the Sox tend to build better clubs in the long run. I am not certainly not happy with the team and I don't expect much in the short run. This team needs fixing.

As far as the Cubs building a real winner, I won't believe anything until I see it. I don't know how many I have heard that hype from the Cubs and their promising young talent. Remember Felix Pie or whatever his name was? And I have my doubts about Theo. There is too much hype surrounding him, too. Also, I have no faith in Ricketts.

But I do agree with you that the Sox are treading water. And while many want Hahn to make some moves, I don't know what he can do in the immediate future. My optimism comes only from historical performnances and I am not jumping for joy right now. This team is bad and will stay that way for a while. But the Cubs? Like I said, I will believe it when I see it.