View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Well those folks are going to come out based on winning and losing anyway. It can't hurt to market the team to a more casual fan who is looking for those other things. Maybe an ad with a video of young attractive people cooling off in the shower on a hot summer day. Show a father sharing a foul ball they caught with their young child then close with a family package deal announcement. Heck a walk down the main concourse showing all the various food options.

It would be a dramatic change from the Sox current marketing campaign of focusing exclusively on the game and players and it cannot hurt the bottom line to market to more people.
I agree with focusing on families. The Sox probably will never attract a young, single crowd because of Bridgeport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).