View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
I think a lot of this sentiment is the fault of the fan base for having reactionary Cub envy. We've always had the attitude that winning trumps all. "Yeah, you may have fun drinking all day in the sun and looking at hot chicks, but you suck. Winning is everything. We refuse to have fun unless we're winning. You know nothing about baseball." I don't know that this can ever change or if it even should.

I do agree with getting rid of Hawk, but its not for his baseball knowledge. He's a polarizing, grumpy, often mean spirited, *******. You can't have a guy like that be the face of the franchise.

I really don't have any of the answers, but identifying the problems is a good start.
Well those folks are going to come out based on winning and losing anyway. It can't hurt to market the team to a more casual fan who is looking for those other things. Maybe an ad with a video of young attractive people cooling off in the shower on a hot summer day. Show a father sharing a foul ball they caught with their young child then close with a family package deal announcement. Heck a walk down the main concourse showing all the various food options.

It would be a dramatic change from the Sox current marketing campaign of focusing exclusively on the game and players and it cannot hurt the bottom line to market to more people.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...