Thread: 42
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
The museum was made in 1990, years after many Negro leaguers had died. I don't have links for this but Negro Leaguers were pretty upset they had to wait so many years to finally get a museum. As for providing proof on why Negro Leaguers felt slighted by Robinson, I'll admit on searches, I find nothing but read a few more books on the Negro leagues. I'm not trying to get into a argument with you but I know what i've read and I have no reason to believe it's not true. Maybe read a book on Josh Gibson, I really can't recall which book it was where I learned all this but I know it was in more than one book.
Well,yes, Negro Leaguers have a right to be upset. I don't dispute that at all. My issue with you is you saying Jackie Robinson snubbed his nose at other black baseball players, and you have yet to provide proof of this.

As far as Josh Gibson goes...the man died in January, 1947, before Robinson broke into the majors. Are you saying he was snubbed by Jackie from his grave?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03