View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I look at it this way: when the team struggles, it looks like the players aren't putting in the effort. When Dunn bats 4th and plays first base almost every day, it looks like the manager isn't putting in the effort (we had enough of that in 2011). When the uniforms, the montage, or whatever gets changed or downgraded, and we bitch about it and get blown off, it looks like the marketing crew isn't putting in the effort. When fan favorites are allowed to walk so we can keep overpaid stiffs, it looks like the front office isn't putting in the effort. When you go to the park and half of it is closed, it seems that the stadium staff isn't putting in the effort. That attitude has been trickling down to the fans for years now IMO. It just looks like the entire organization has gone cheap/lazy, so why should the fans waste their time coming out?
Jerko, I agree. I hate to say it, I thought Jerry was the best owner the Chicago sports scene ever had. However, his time seems to be past him, and he is old. Unfettered loyality to under-performing employees, now seems just to be laziness on his part resulting in moribundedness.

We are in need of new and younger ownership with a freaking VISION and not more recycled marketing. The Cubs will soon be on the ascent and the Sox will be talking about moving, " because the fans don't support us."