View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:44 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Jurr:

I agree with your last statement, this team always seems to be "caught in the middle" whatever words you want to use. From the overall philosophy, to the talent on the field to revenues...you name it.

I honestly think if this season goes south by June, Hahn will not be afraid to blow it up, start getting guys traded and start over.

The question is though is he and this organization which has not done a good job in the minor league system for 13 years or so able to pull that off? and will any fans still be around if they do say five years down the road??

Lip
Well, Mark, the franchise survived the late 80's. Fans will show up if the team becomes a winner. Hell, I think that Sox fans will show up if the team shows any sort of a pulse with young guys. It's the teams loaded with high priced vets without a pulse that turns fans off. That route provides no hope for the future.

Pittsburgh has a terrible track record with its baseball teams for the past two decades, yet the fans are flocking back to the stadium because the team finally has young players that are exciting. The guys fly around the stadium with a ton of energy, and they are scrappy. Are they winners? Not yet. However, the team has a pulse, and that draws fans.