View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I guess I don't get the point in most of those. The Pods one was a non story when you got the entire quote, the Magglio thing, who cares if PK thinks Magglio was a better teammate than Frank Thomas. I loved Thomas a fan, it was not like he had a bunch of guys jumping up to defend him. Thomas had plenty of nicknames, and was a big personality in the clubhouse and PK called him out on it.
The problem with the Thomas scenario is that Konerko shouldn't have been talking to the media about anything that happens in the Sox clubhouse, regardless of what questions he was asked. I'm not a baseball player, but I seem to remember learning that what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. Konerko apparently never learned that rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomeShot17
Maybe, what you could do is get all these quotes together and send them to Skip Bayless. Then, when Skip goes after PK, you can have a message tweeted to him about how Skip Bayless looks like Beavis. Since Konerko does not shy away from a microphone, he will bring this to the world's attention, and your 2 arch enemies of life will be at war with each other, offering you the chance of supreme victory and global domination.
I know you meant this as a joke, but it's not a bad idea. It would actually be pretty funny to see the two of them face-off. It's too bad Kenny Williams isn't the GM anymore, as I'm sure he'd get involved one way or another.