View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
Santo gets alot of points for being a gold glove thirdbaseman while hitting very well in a offense challenged era. I think Konerko will need 500 homeruns for any chance of making the Hall of Fame. Santo is easily a top 10 thirdbaseman of all time while Konerko is probably around 25-30 for best firstbaseman of all time. Fred McGriff barely missed out on 500 homeruns and he's having trouble getting in and he was a few tiers above Konerko. I would like to see Konerko get in but theres quite a few firstbasemen who will still have better cases than Konerko by the time he retires. (Jeff Bagwell, Gil Hodges, Fred McGriff, Keith Hernandez, Will Clark and you can even make a case for Mark McGwire.
Anyone who tries to make that case needs to be reminded that McGwire embarrassed Major League Baseball (and himself) when he sat in front of a United States Congressional Committee and lied about his use of performance enhancing drugs. I remain astonished and appalled that Don Mattingly would allow that self-serving piece of **** to serve on his coaching staff. McGwire has nothing to teach today's players, and if any of them have even the smallest shred of common sense, they'll let anything and everything he says travel in one ear and out the other.

Mark McGwire is a joke, and if the HOF ever has the audacity to let his worthless ass inside without a visitor's pass, the entire building should be burned to the ground.