View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I know Dunn's been bad, and he did have that historically bad season, but his numbers weren't atrocious last year. Not worth his salary, but certainly worthy of an everyday player.
It's hard to judge 2011 for him because of the appendicitis early in the season that he tried to come back from WAY too early (as Paulie did a few years ago when he had an oblique issue).

2012 was more typical from him in terms of the power numbers. The average was crap, but you have to look at the situational hitting when judging that. Overall .204, but 50 points higher with runners on (.232) than when bases were empty (.182). That still needs to be higher. The K numbers were bad, but only 87 of the 222 came with runners on.

I really didn't like picking him up coming into 2011, because the K's were too high and I didn't like his split with runners on vs. bases empty. And 2011 did nothing to endear me to him. But he flipped it over a bit in 2012, and I'd wait to see how 2013 plays out before passing a final judgment.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!