View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I really, really hate that Ventura asked Ramirez to bunt. Others have noted that Ramirez is a poor at bunting, which is without question accurate.

But, even if he had gotten the bunt down, it was a poor choice. It would be one thing if Konerko or Rios was on deck. But why in the world are you trying to set up an RBI chance for Gimenez?

Man at second, nobody out. Ramirez, Gimenez and De Aza are the next three hitters. Who is the best RBI man out of those three? I would contend it is Ramirez. So why take the bat out of his hands?
The idea was to move the runner to 3rd with one out so that a run could be scored on an out. It should be much easier to score a run with a bunt and fly ball or grounder up the middle than to rely on someone getting a solid hit. Should be, but apparently this team makes it seem much more difficult. Most Little Leaguers can execute a bunt better than Alexei.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell