View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I think the question is how did he say it. He clearly says two things. The first is when Quentin is walking towards him and he did not appear to be shouting in that video. When Quentin starts running at him, Greinke throws his glove aside and says something else.
Well, TCQ says he didn't hear what was said, so the "how" of the situation doesn't matter. What does matter is that Greinke clearly says a word to Carlos before Quentin attacks him. It's possible that was enough to provoke Carlos, especially if he was already spoiling for a fight. I can believe he thought about fighting Greike. I don't for one moment believe munch's claims that he set up the entire thing.

I also don't entirely believe Quentin's version of events (I've spent the entire day tearing him apart on this board for his stupidity, and Paul Konerko, as well, for defending him), but Greinke isn't blameless. He was there. He could have handled things differently, but he chose to open his mouth, and he chose to leave himself vulnerable to injury.