View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Because Konerko has been abused by pitchers and he knows it. Your comments are unwarranted. Whoring himself out to the media? Where is he making money for talking about this. He stood up for something he believed in. Quentin is getting a lot of **** that he doesn't deserve for this and Paulie, a former teammate or even friend, is sticking up for him.

You question his right to speak about an incident in his own industry and you go on to call him a whore and accuse him of prostitution. Where is your right to do that?
I don't have a problem with him showing support for a former teammate. What I have a problem with is Konerko providing extensive commentary about a history that is not his own, although he was present for many of the events that have been discussed in light of last night's altercation. If he had said, "I'm sorry about what happened. I've always had tremendous respect for Carlos Quentin as a baseball player and as a person, and want to voice my support for him as his friend during this difficult time," I wouldn't have had a problem with his remarks. Instead, he decided to weigh in on an issue that no longer has anything to do with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
The man has the right to speak his mind when asked. Would you be saying this if he defended Greinke? Probably not. This is only an issue for you because you disagree with him. And considering he's spent more time with Quintin and been up close and personal with the history, I'll listen to what he has to say on the subject.
As I've already stated, I don't have a problem with Konerko supporting a former teammate. I simply disagree with his offering an opinion- any opinion- about events that he was not present for. I've yet to see comments from any other Major League player about last night's incident who does not play for the Dodgers or Padres. What makes Konerko so special that he's entitled to analyze the situation when no one else has done so?

If Konerko has the right to speak his mind, I have the right to tell him to shut the **** up.