View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Because it's an overall reflection of how the organization is run. I mean, sure a stripe on the side of pants is, by itself, no big deal, but it's just another in a long line of silly mistakes they keep making for no discernable reason. The diamond sock. The Pirates video. Dynamic pricing. Pushing Nancy out. I could go on and on. I guess it boils down to how you think the Sox are overall run as an organization. If you think they're doing a good job overall then yeah, it probably doesn't bug you, and that's fine. But for people who see a consistent series of mistakes, it's maybe just another in a long line.

Oh, and I will also say that I think the stripe does make a difference. I personally think the pants and jersey do look worse with only a black stripe. If you look around the league, most teams that have some kind of stripe or piping running down their pant legs go with more than one color. There's a reason they do that. It just looks better.
That pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Uh, wait, what is wrong with the home uniform? It's absolutely perfect. It's based on the gorgeous late '50s style uniforms but doesn't have any ridiculous colors that have no logical place on the jersey of a team called the WHITE Sox.
I suspect that you are talking about the red piping that the White Sox had on their uniforms in the 1950s, I SUSPECT the reason for that was because starting in the 1920s the White Sox incorporated red into their color scheme. So I think the White Sox were using their traditional colors and pretty much copying the look of the Yankees uniform. I think red is the most commonly used color in the uniform history of the White Sox.

Go Sox!!!