View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
So if you don't even notice the change, why would it piss you off?

I used to think being on a condo board of directors was the worst job in the world. You get calls almost everyday from people complaining about something. Their apartment isn't warm enough, call a board member at 3 AM. They didn't pay their bill so the electricity was cutoff. Don't call ComEd and pay your bill, call a board member they can fix it. Clog your sink in the middle of the night. Call everyone on the condo board until someone fixes it for you. On top of that, you don't get paid.

I now think Brooks Boyer, even though he gets paid, has the worst job in the world. People complain about everything. A stripe on the pants is a marketing decision? Why? To make more money? How many White Sox road pants are sold in retail outlets every year? The only guy I see walking around town in a full uniform is Ronnie Woo Woo. I watch on an HD 46 inch Samsung, and unless I really am watching carefully, the subtraction of the white stripe is really not noticeable, and really doesn't have any effect on my enjoyment of the game. If it really upsets you that the Sox changed the stripe, even though you didn't even notice, you are just being pissed off to be pissed off. If you do notice and the subtraction of a white stripe on gray pants upsets you so much, maybe you need to take a step back and realize there are way more important things in life.
Oh, come on. Brooks Boyer is terrible at his job. There are very gifted sports marketers out there with great intuitions who manage to enhance the look, feel, and general market appeal of a franchise as opposed to do little crap that annoy fans in various ways. Brooks is not good at his job and when people bitch about him he is getting what he deserves. If he was half as competent as McDonough then these threads wouldn't pop up all the time and he wouldn't get thousands of emails bitching about all his decisions. Just because this particular uni issue doesn't irritate you personally doesn't mean Brooks hasn't turned into a hack marketer.