View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
A freaking stripe down the pants? Yeah, that's what I'm telling you. I knew there was a stripe, but that's all, because I DIDN'T CARE. I find it amazing that anyone does! Again, it's a freaking stripe down the pants!

As far as the snarky comment about me having a black and white TV, it was a black and white stripe, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Point to one post where you've been asked to apologize for noticing subtle changes in the uniforms. You won't be able to because no one is asking you to. You on the other hand seem to be taking umbrage and have been quite rude to those of us that didn't notice it, starting with your snarky comment about Nellie's reading comprehension when there had been nothing really said in the first few posts of this thread about what change has been made. Also you seem exasperated that the uniform they have been wearing for 22 years is different because the stripe on the pants is different, and WE DIDN'T NOTICE!!! And your sly comments about being a casual fan of the other sports teams and not noticing subtle changes of those uniforms? Nice touch.

I watch as many games as you do. I watched that first game against the Nationals and I didn't notice. That doesn't make me any less a fan than you are. I don't pat that close attention to the uniforms. I just don't care. It has to be a bold change for me to notice. But hey, you win. You're a better fan than those of us that didn't notice. Congratulations.

I can't believe there are 5 pages dedicated to pants stripes. I'm out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
And......scene.

I bet there's someone out there swearing not to watch the Sox anymore because someone took a strip off their pants. This, only seasons after removing the sock patch. The horror.
I agree with you guys. I thought the reaction to the sock patch removal was a bit over the top a few years ago, but at least that was something people could identify. Probably not a big deal to most, but most people can recognize the sock patch. But pants stripes? Really? Is this thread a late April Fools joke and everyone is really just ranting in teal?

So a few sharp eyes out there notice a change in pants striping. So what? I would guess that 95% of Sox fans aren't going to notice the change since it's so subtle and they aren't going to care either. I guess that makes them all either morons or completely casual fans.

I challenge anyone here who really thinks this is such a big deal to go up to all your Sox fan friends and start ranting about how it's such a travesty that the Sox changed the pants stripe on their road uniforms. I'd be dying to know how many people get laughed in their face for expressing such outrage over this.