View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox1970 View Post
I saw this on Twitter earlier. Kinda dig the first home uniform.

http://clumsytuba.wordpress.com/2013...-sox-uniforms/

I'm all for a slight change.
I have always liked the black/red 1950s inspired look. That first set is nice. I just don't want the SOX to ever go back to that "Batterman" logo. I know it's a favorite of some fans, however to me it always looked like the Pedestrian Crossing signs.

The current set of uniforms have been around for 22 seasons, which is an incredibly long run for any uniform, especially a White Sox uniform. Over that time, I can think of only a few tweaks outside of the occasional sleeve patch...(1) adding names to the back of the home jerseys, (2) changing the script, trim and buttons on the alternate black jerseys, (3) two different home vest alternates, one with real sleeves and one with fake sleeves, (4) the removal of the SOX diamond off of the road jerseys and now (5) the change in the road uniforms trim.

Maybe I missed some other changes, but overall, not much. I'm hoping the SOX wear their Gray Chicago road jerseys today to see whether or not the trim has changed on the jersey. I can't imagine that they would only change the pant legs. It's not like they sell pants in the gift shop.